Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Portrait Series

© Juanita Borges 2015
This portrait series was inspired by the realization that my clothing corresponds directly with my music choices. I have always been a fan of the band called My Chemical Romance. So as tribute to the band's impact on my life, as well as support for the members' solo music careers, I directed and captured these photos. The reasoning for the color choice (having only the vinyl in color) was to represent the profound vividness of each era of music despite the clothing always being in shades of black, gray, and white.

Albums used:
Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge - My Chemical Romance
The Black Parade - My Chemical Romance
Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys - My Chemical Romance
May Death Never Stop You - My Chemical Romance
.stomachaches. - Frank Iero and the Cellaboration
Hesitant Alien - Gerard Way


1 comment:

  1. I found it interesting how you used matching shirts with your albums but I also feel that your shirts will distract your viewers. They will be paying attentions to the shirts more than your actual picture and the idea you have behind the albums and the shirts. I thought it was a great idea how you colored the albums it really made your focal point noticeable. Making everything black and white and not the albums really made your portrait series look great.

    ReplyDelete