Wednesday, March 18, 2015

David Hockney Inspired Collage

 Hockney Inspired Portrait
 
 
Reference Photo:
 
 
For this portrait, I had my model, Caitlyn C., sit against a wall with a window on her left side. I had her wear a light colored shirt to contrast her hair color and the beanie to help connect the photos better. To capture the photos, I started taking photos of her face and worked my way outwards. Next time, I hope to take more photos of her face so I could break it up better.
 
Hockney Inspired Landscape

 
Reference Photo:

 
For this landscape photo, I used a room filled with distinct colors to bring the photo out. I stood in one spot and took photos in a panoramic manner. The hardest part of this photo was the bookcase and, next time, I hope to pay more mind to final composition. I also added layering effects to certain pictures to give the photo more depth.

2 comments:

  1. I really love how you had the original images and then posted the David Hockney inspired collage. It's good how you took pictures from all angles and pretty much perfectly puzzled them together. You did a very good job on both photos. The only problem in this collage is that the random white spaces sort of takes away from the attention of the photo so i would have filled that in more, but other than that its wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete